Position Summary: The Exhibition Aide will assist the Exhibition Manager with the research and development of temporary exhibitions and displays.
- Work under the supervision of the Exhibition Manager to:
- Research exhibition topics, collecting relevant information;
- Assist with the selection of exhibition objects and materials;
- Assist with exhibition design and story narrative;
- Assist with the production and installation of exhibition materials and objects;
- Assist with the evaluation of exhibitions;
- Assist with the removal of exhibitions; and
- Maintain digital and physical files.
- Complete other tasks as skill sets permit and as agreed upon with the Exhibition Manager or the Director of Experiences or the Executive Director.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Office, like Word and Excel;
- Good attention to detail;
- A team player with a strong work ethic who can develop a positive and highly productive work environment while maintaining flexibility;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion to meet deadlines;
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices;
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment; and
- Physical ability to lift objects weighing up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.), climb stairs and ladders, stoop, bend, push, pull and perform other physical duties;
- Responsibilities are assigned based on the volunteer’s interests, knowledge, and skill sets;
- The schedule is determined by the volunteer’s availability and the facilities open hours; and
- Appropriate training is provided to the volunteer in order to complete the assigned tasks.
- Administrative Support
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2+ hours per week