Development Aide - Fundraiser
6 people are interested
Position Summary: The Fundraiser will assist the Development Director with generating revenue through a variety of fundraising activities for both general museum operations and specific projects.Duties:
- Work under the supervision of the Development Director to complete fundraising tasks, including, but not limited to -
- Review institutional needs by collaborating with senior staff,
- Research funding opportunities, determining best source options,
- Evaluate potential donors for major gifts, planned giving and annual appeals,
- Compile required information and materials for fundraising projects,
- Create drafts of fundraising materials, including correspondences,
- Make telephone calls to donors and potential donors,
- Fulfill procedures for new memberships and membership renewals;
- Assist Development Director with evaluation process, drafting follow-up reports;
- Maintain fundraising files (physical and digital) as necessary; and
- Complete other tasks as skill sets permit and as agreed upon with the Development Director or the Director of Advancement or the Executive Director.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Office, like Word and Excel;
- Good attention to detail;
- A team player with a strong work ethic who can develop a positive and highly productive work environment while maintaining flexibility;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion to meet deadlines;
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices;
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment; and
- Physical ability to lift objects weighing up to fifteen pounds (15 lbs.), and sit up to ninety (90%) of the volunteer period.
- Responsibilities are assigned based on the volunteer’s interests, knowledge, and skill sets;
- The schedule is determined by the volunteer’s availability and the facilities open hours; and
- Appropriate training is provided to the volunteer in order to complete the assigned tasks.
We'll work with your schedule.
231 W. Packwood AveMaitland, FL 32751
- Donor Management
- Orientation or Training
- 2+ hours per week