Position Summary: The Caretaker will assist the Facilities Manager with various routine building maintenance activities and special projects.Duties:
- Work under the supervision of the Facilities Manager to complete routine building maintenance activities, including, but not limited to -
- Custodial cleaning (floors, windows, restrooms, etc.),
- Organizing/decluttering storage and office spaces, and
- Trash removal;
- Work under the supervision of the Facilities Manger to complete special building repairs and enhancements that do not require licensing or certification, such as -
- Repair walls, ceilings and floors, and
- Prep and paint interior and exterior surfaces as necessary;
- Remove plant growth from concrete sculptural work and architectural elements and cleaning those pieces using pre-approved cleaning solutions and brushes; and
- Monitor sculptural pieces for damage.
- Collaborate with staff for emergency preparedness and post-incident clean-up and repairs; and
- Complete other tasks as skill sets permit and as agreed upon with the Facilities Manager or the Director of Operations or the Executive Director.
* Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
* Good attention to detail;
* A team player with a strong work ethic who can develop a positive and highly productive work environment while maintaining flexibility;
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion to meet deadlines;
* Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices;
* Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment; and
* Physical ability to lift objects weighing up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.), to climb stairs and ladders, stoop, bend, push, pull and perform other physical duties.
- Responsibilities are assigned based on the volunteer’s interests, knowledge, and skill sets;
- The schedule is determined by the volunteer’s availability and the facilities open hours; and
- Appropriate training is provided to the volunteer in order to complete the assigned tasks.
- Facilities Management
- Home Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2+ hours per week