Position Summary: The Education Aide will assist the Education Manager and Education Assistant with the development and presentation of educational and leisure programming.
- Work under the supervision of the Education Manager and Education Assistant to:
o Research potential program topics, collecting relevant information;
o Assist with the writing of program curriculum;
o Assist with the creation of program materials;
o Assist with set-up and take-down of programs;
o Assist with the implementation/presentation/supervision of programs;
o Assist with the evaluation of programs; and
o Maintain digital and physical files.
o Complete other tasks as skill sets permit and as agreed upon with the Education Manager, Education Assistant, the Director of Experiences or the Executive Director.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- A team player with a strong work ethic who can develop a positive and highly productive work environment while maintaining flexibility;
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment;
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- Potential for getting messy
- Responsibilities are assigned based on the volunteer’s interests, knowledge, and skill sets;
- The schedule is determined by the volunteer’s availability and the facilities open hours; and
- Appropriate training is provided to the volunteer in order to complete the assigned tasks.
- Visual Arts
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2+ hours per week