Position Summary: The Education Aide will assist the Education Manager with the development, presentation and evaluation of educational and leisure programming.
- Work under the supervision of the Education Manager to:
- Research potential program topics, collecting relevant information;
- Assist with the writing of program curriculum;
- Assist with the creation of program materials;
- Assist with set-up and take-down of programs;
- Assist with the implementation/presentation/supervision of programs;
- Assist with the evaluation of programs; and
- Maintain digital and physical files.
- Complete other tasks as skill sets permit and as agreed upon with the Education Manager or the Director of Experiences or the Executive Director.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- Good computer skills, especially Microsoft Office, like Word and Excel;
- Good attention to detail;
- A team player with a strong work ethic who can develop a positive and highly productive work environment while maintaining flexibility;
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion to meet deadlines;
- Ability to continually develop skills related to use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices;
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic environment; and
- Physical ability to lift objects weighing up to twenty pounds (20 lbs.), climb stairs and ladders, stoop, bend, push, pull and perform other physical duties.
- Responsibilities are assigned based on the volunteer’s interests, knowledge, and skill sets;
- The schedule is determined by the volunteer’s availability and the facilities open hours; and
- Appropriate training is provided to the volunteer in order to complete the assigned tasks.
- Visual Arts
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2+ hours per week