Our Mission: Through the arts, we transform the lives of adults with intellectual disabilities.
HOPE Center for the Arts, a Performing and Visual Arts Program for Intellectually Disabled Adults in Anaheim, CA, seeks an innovative and enthusiastic individual who is interested in learning more about the inner workings of a nonprofit, the dynamics of a Visual and Performing Arts Program for Intellectually Disabled Adults and the work flow, client management, and administrative functions within a small office setting.
This position is well suited for a creative individual who can think out of the box, is self - driven and solution oriented. This position will report directly to the Director and CEO, as well as work closely with our Administrative Staff, in the main office. This position is unpaid and requires a minimum of 12 hours per week (beginning immediately). Candidates must be available 12 -20 hrs./wk.
Volunteer dates: (starting immediately)-_ _TBD
- Report to the Director and CEO of HOPE Center for the Arts
- Assist in answering phones, greeting visitors
- Assist in daily duties, check Artists in/out at reception desk
- Understand HOPE Mission
- Research, data input, and data analysis utilizing Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Prepare informational material for both public and internal presentations
- May prepare financial data reports and other related reports as requested
- Organize and catalogue files
- Special projects as assigned
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- Experience with basic social media and website building tools such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and wordpress
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication skills, good oral and written communication skills
- Team player, tactful and diplomatic, able to be proactive and take initiative
- Organized and able to multitask
- Experience working with Executives a plus
- Some Fundraising and Marketing skills a plus
- Ability to work up to 10 - 15 hours per week (please alert if you can work more)
- Retention of a valid California Class C driver's license
- Will be required to complete and pass a criminal background investigation
- Must have Doctor’s proof of a negative TB test within the past 3 years
This position is a good fit for someone who
- Wants to work with a wonderful group of passionate and fun Instructors, Therapists and Administrators, dedicated to bringing the Artists of HOPE the highest quality programming to meet all their needs.
- Wants to develop an understanding of how a nonprofit works and an office is run
- Can communicate effectively within an office/program environment
- Sees themselves in a small office setting working independently and with a small team
- Wants to learn more about the creative development process for Performing and Visual Arts
- Interested in understanding and working with Intellectually Disabled Adults and Artists
We are a multi-faceted fine arts program for adults with intellectual disabilities designed to serve individuals showing talent, interest or motivation in the arts. Our teaching staff consists of artists, performers, and creative art therapists who bring a collaborative approach to working with this special population.
HOPE serves adults aged twenty-two years and above with developmental and intellectual disabilities such as, but not limited to: Autism, Down Syndrome, Williams Syndrome, Savant Syndrome among many others. We are a multi-faceted visual and performing arts program designed to serve individuals discovering and displaying their talent, interest and motivation within the arts. Our program is excited to offer our artists a variety of studios for everyone to reach their full potential.
Applications must be submitted via email.
PLEASE ATTACH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO YOUR APPLICATION. IF YOU DO NOT ATTACH THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE:
- Cover Letter (For example, outlining, why you would like to apply for this position and what you think you will gain from this experience.)
After review of all applications and materials is complete, those candidates who possess the most pertinent qualifications may be invited for an oral interview by Director of HOPE. If you have any questions related to the application, please email Kita Wright at email@example.com
Hi Hopes Identity Discovery Foundation, Inc., a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Volunteer
Salary: $0.00 /year
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Office Management
- Content Management Systems
- Administrative Support
- PC Platform
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 12 -20 hours/week
- Must submit to or have a negative TB test from Doctor