The Vice President of Global Initiatives leads a team of people that works closely with our global partners in Bible translation and language development (BT/LD) to develop and implement logistical mission support solutions from JAARS’ core platforms of transportation, technology, and training.
This team is responsible to evaluate strategic opportunities and needs with global partners, develop plans in collaboration with other JAARS leaders, support the resourcing and staffing, and ensure that the ministry impact is met through effective execution of the plans. As this is a new role at JAARS, the initial leader will be responsible to design and build the capability necessary for JAARS' growing global impact.
The Vice President of Global Initiatives reports to the JAARS President.
This is a full-time volunteer (non-paid) position.
Please submit resumes and inquiries to HR_Director@jaars.org.
- Build a strong team of regional initiative directors and support staff that work collaboratively with global partners and other JAARS departments.
- Build strong, effective, and balanced relationships with global partners serving in Bible translation and/or language development.
- Evaluate strategic needs and opportunities, primarily with a geographic/regional focus including multiple partners and multiple JAARS solutions.
- Develop processes to assess global partner readiness and determine how JAARS can equip and strengthen our partners as we develop logistical solutions together.
- Develop plans for JAARS' support of partner ministries/organizations with key impact measures agreed in advance.
- Regularly assess global and regional contexts for JAARS' initiatives, monitor progress, refine and potentially modify the initiative goals if the context changes.
- Ensure reliable and sustainable operation of the JAARS-enabled solutions, and validate the impact using assessment tools.
- Collaborate closely with other JAARS teams to share information, ensure resources and finances are in place when needed.
- Actively serve as a member of the JAARS Senior Leadership Team.
Characteristics, Experience, and Education:
- First and foremost, you must have a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus Christ that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth.
- You must heartily support the vision, mission, and values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively across all facets of the organization.
- You must have a servant leader mindset, balancing expertise with humility.
- You must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- You must have good interpersonal relationship skills.
- You must have strong partnering and collaborative outcome skills, both internally and with external partner organizations.
- You must have strong organizational, analytical and management capabilities - able to lead demonstrable stewardship of all JAARS resources: people, time, money.
- You must be a strategic thinker, able to apply innovative ideas and stretch organizational thinking.
- You must have a global perspective, able to work well multi-culturally.
- You must be a person of character and conviction, with the ability to lead and motivate your team and influence others through godly character and not manipulation.
- You must have demonstrated expertise and relevant experience with non-profit,
- mission-based and/or volunteer driven environments.
- You must be goal/outcome oriented, with a bias for action and a drive for closure, balanced by sensitivity to people and culture.
- You must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Capacity Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 40 hours a week
- Server System Administrator
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- Physician Assistant
- IT Software Developer
- Partner Relations Representative
- Special Events Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- IT Systems Administrator
- Multi-Generational Engagement...
- Community Outreach Coordinator
- Communication Systems Tech/Consult
- Aviation Business Manager
- Director of Technology and...
- AP Check Clerk
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff