Lead a team of people that works closely with JAARS global partners in Bible translation and language development) to develop and implement logistical mission support solutions from JAARS’ core platforms of transportation, technology, and training.
With your team you will evaluate strategic opportunities and needs with global partners and develop plans in collaboration with other JAARS leaders. Then you will support the resourcing and staffing, and ensure that the ministry impact is met through effective execution of the plans.
As this is a new role, the initial leader will be responsible to design and build the capability necessary for JAARS' growing global impact.
- This position is for a full-time volunteer (non-paid) who reports to the JAARS President
- Applicant must be a US citizen or hold green card status
- Build a strong team of regional initiative directors and support staff that work collaboratively with global partners and other JAARS departments
- Form strong, effective, and balanced relationships with global partners serving in Bible translation and/or language development
- Evaluate strategic needs and opportunities, primarily with a geographic/regional focus including multiple partners and multiple JAARS solutions
- Develop processes to assess global partner readiness and determine how JAARS can equip and strengthen our partners as we develop logistical solutions together
- Develop plans for JAARS' support of partner ministries/organizations with key impact measures agreed in advance
- Regularly assess global and regional contexts for JAARS' initiatives, monitor progress, refine and potentially modify the initiative goals if the context changes
- Ensure reliable and sustainable operation of the JAARS-enabled solutions, and validate the impact using assessment tools
- Collaborate closely with other JAARS teams to share information, ensure resources and finances are in place when needed
- Actively serve as a member of the Senior Leadership Team
Characteristics, Experience, and Education:
- Have a servant leader mindset, balancing expertise with humility
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal relationship skills
- Strong partnering and collaborative outcome skills, both internally and with external partner organizations
- Solid organizational, analytical and management capabilities - able to lead demonstrable stewardship of all JAARS resources: people, time, money
- A strategic thinker, able to apply innovative ideas and stretch organizational thinking
- You must have a global perspective, able to work well multi-culturally
- Demonstrated expertise and relevant experience with non-profit, mission-based and/or volunteer driven environments
- Be goal/outcome oriented, with a bias for action and a drive for closure, balanced by sensitivity to people and culture
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- A bachelor’s degree
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Pursue Excellence
- Serve in Love
- Collaborate with Respect
- Act with Integrity
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Capacity Planning
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 40 hours a week
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Engagement Project Coordinator
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff