Join our six-month residential program that integrates spiritual practice with meaningful work.
Located in Berkeley, California, the Nyingma Institute offers retreats and courses based on the Tibetan Buddhist tradition. Our fields of study include: Nyingma Meditation, Kum Nye Tibetan Yoga, Nyingma Psychology, Buddhist Studies, Skillful Means and more.
We seek residents who are interested in committing for a six-month period as part of our live-in staff.
The program includes:
- Housing in a community setting, in the foothills of Berkeley with a spectacular view
- Vegetarian meals, created with organic ingredients whenever possible
- A small living stipend reimbursement
- Evening classes and workshops on meditation, Tibetan yoga, Tibetan Buddhist studies, and more
- Daily morning reading and evening meditation sessions
- A weekly Mandala Training class that introduces our wider community and the fundamentals of Buddhism
- A supportive and beautiful environment where you can engage Buddhism, meditation and meaningful work
Possible tasks include:
- Responding to student inquiries and handling administrative matters at the Front Desk
- Cleaning, construction or gardening
- Help with systems / maintaining information accurately
- Promotions, outreach, graphic design or copywriting for retreats and events
- Facilities support and management
- Cooking vegetarian meals for community members and retreatants to enjoy
- We try to work with your skills, but ask that participants adopt an as-needed attitude towards work-practice assignments
We accept participants with great care, but do not require that you be Buddhist, only that you are open, respectful and interested in being here!
Join a community that seeks to make a difference in the world through meaningful work.
To learn more, please visit www.nyingmainstitute.com/volunteer
- Cooking / Catering
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Security / Network Administration
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- flexible, but at least 6 mos appreciated