1. Staff crisis hotline, which primarily includes crisis counseling for sexual assault and domestic violence issues. Provide information and referrals for hotline.
2. Assess resident needs through regular supportive interaction with them.
3. Provide empowerment counseling to residents on a regular and as needed basis.
4. Enforces house rules by encourageing a cooperative attitude among residents.
5. Admit and orient women to shelter including distribution and review of shelter packet and completion of exit forms when residents leave shelter.
6. Encourage residents to implement problem-solving model to resolve differences when interacting with each other.
7. Conduct individual and group counseling with shelter residents when needed.
8. Complete appropriate paperwork as assigned by staff.
9. Assist residents by providing them with information and referrals.
10. Carry out the duties of the position in a professional manner.
11. Contribute to a positive work environment.
12. Any other related duties assigned by Director of Counseling Services.
- Problem Solving
- People Skills
- Youth Services
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Intervention
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Volunteers must complete the mandatory 60 hours of training to work directly with participants.