Do you enjoy working with children? Value education? Enjoy reading? Want to give back to your community?
If you answered YES to any of these, then you are ideally suited to be a literacy tutor with Experience Corps Marin. Our volunteers work in Novato elementary school classrooms to help struggling readers in Kindergarten through 3rd grade. No experience needed - we provide training and on-site support.
- High school graduate or GED
- 50 years old or older
- Minimum of 2 hours per week during the school year; most volunteers tutor 2 days/week for a couple of hours each time.
You choose your:
- days of the week and time of day
- tutoring approach (1on1, small group or classroom assistance).
For additional information visit our web site - www.ec4marin.org - or contact program manager Judy Kramer at email@example.com, 415-464-1767.
It's always a treat when my struggling readers get to read with Mr. Jerry. They see it as a reward! And the rest of the class is usually jealous! We are lucky to have him!!
Join us and make an impact that could be everlasting.
- Literacy / Reading
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 2 hours/week during school year
- High school grade or equivalent