Russian Speakers Needed: Communicate with or Translate for Russian-speaking Clients
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
29 people are interested
Мы ищем русскоязычных добровольцев!
JFS is seeking Russian- language speakers to help work with our Russian-speaking clients for cultural orientation, event scheduling, client surveys, etc.
Here are some possible volunteer opportunities for a speaker of Russian:
- The Food Bank in Capitol Hill could also use help from a Russian speaker to communicate with clients and conduct occasional surveys
- Volunteers may make home visits to Russian-speaking seniors. At this time, there is a particular need for Russian-speaking volunteers for this program: Please see the JFS Friendly Visitor Program listing on Volunteer Match.
- Drivers for Russian-speaking seniors are often needed, if you have a car and are an insured driver. (Sorry, there is no mileage reimbursement for volunteer drivers.)
- There may be additional needs for Russian-speaking volunteers in the Seattle area, either occasional or recurring opportunities.
Volunteers should be reasonably fluent in both Russian and English in order to act as interpreters for Russian-speaking clients with limited English.
Спасибо for any help you can provide.
About Jewish Family Service
1601 16th AVe, Seattle, WA 98032, US
JFS Refugee & Immigrant Service Centers offer refugees and immigrants culturally sensitive employment programs, English as a Second Language instruction and related social services. Participants are supported and encouraged as they integrate successfully into their new environments. The JFS Refugee & Immigrant Service Centers are staffed with professional case managers/job developers fluent in Cantonese, Hmong, Mandarin, Laotian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Somali, Arabic, Farsi and Lithuanian. The culturally diverse staff is recruited directly from the ethnic communities we serve. Our staff provides individualized and effective guidance to hundreds of clients each year. The Centers are located in Kent and Bellevue and serve families mainly in South King County and the Eastside.
Jewish Family Service of Seattle began in 1892 with the sole purpose of resettling Eastern European and Sephardic Jewish refugees. Today, JFS supports the adjustment and employment of refugees and immigrants from all religions and cultures worldwide, including Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. With our many social service programs like family mentoring, financial assistance, ESL, citizenship classes, and job placement - we help new Americans become fully integrated members of our community. We encourage volunteers from all backgrounds!
We'll work with your schedule.
King CountySeattle, WA 98122
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-6 hours per month