Russian Speakers Needed: Communicate with or Translate for Russian-speaking Clients
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
23 people are interested
Мы ищем русскоязычных добровольцев!
JFS's Refugee and Immigrant Service Center (RISC) branches in Bellevue and Kent are seeking Russian- language speakers to help work with our Russian-speaking clients for cultural orientation, event scheduling, client surveys, etc.
Here are some possible volunteer opportunities for a speaker of Russian:
- The Food Bank in Capitol Hill could also use help from a Russian speaker to communicate with clients and conduct occasional surveys
- Volunteers may make home visits to Russian-speaking seniors. At this time, there is a particular need for Russian-speaking volunteers for this program: Please see the JFS Friendly Visitor Program listing on Volunteer Match.
- Drivers for Russian-speaking seniors are often needed, if you have a car and are an insured driver. (Sorry, there is no mileage reimbursement for volunteer drivers.)
- There may be additional needs for Russian-speaking volunteers in the Seattle area, either occasional or recurring opportunities.
Volunteers should be reasonably fluent in both Russian and English in order to act as interpreters for Russian-speaking clients with limited English.
Спасибо for any help you can provide.
We'll work with your schedule.
King CountySeattle, WA 98122
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-6 hours per month