Global Potential (GP) is looking for a skilled Marketing & Social Media Coordinator who will work directly with our Chief Marketing Officer to coordinate the integration of Global Potential’s marketing strategy with that of its acquiring organization. The Marketing & Social Media Coordinator will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and play a key role in the organization’s Acquisition Task Force. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of Global Potential and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility.
- Managing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Linkedin internal and external social media posts.
- Ensuring the organization's message is distributed across channels and to targeted audiences
- Producing social media content and newsletters per GP’s vision and strategy
- Supervising youth social media interns working on content, collaborating with Webmaster with updates and technical support of the website
- Seeking out new ways to deliver messaging, such as web platforms, video and social media
- Working with CMO and CEO in creating Annual Report
IDEAL CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 1-3 years of experience in social media and marketing
- Basic knowledge of non-profit environment in New York City
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Adept social, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership while being a flexible, self-motivated, team-oriented
- Skills in Adobe
- Experience in youth-friendly environment preferred
- Written and Oral communication proficiency in Spanish and/or Haitian Creole is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Digitally curious and savvy
- Knowledge of photography, videography and editing helpful.
This is a part-time volunteer position requiring interaction with the Global Potential youth and youth social media interns
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: 4-year degree
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com In your submission, please describe how your interests, skills and experience are a fit with the position as described above.
Global Potential is an equal opportunity employer and hires without discrimination to gender, race, ethnicity, sexual preference or birthplace of origin. Global Potential provides a generous vacation and leave package, and compensation is aligned with industry standards and commensurate with experience.
ABOUT GLOBAL POTENTIAL
Global Potential is an innovative local & international youth development organization that transforms youth from under-served communities through education, service learning and cultural exchange into globally competitive leaders of positive change in their lives and communities. GP is headquartered in NYC. Since our founding in 2007, 100% of our youth Fellows have graduated from high school, 87% entered college and a growing number enter graduate school. Youth-driven community action projects result in award-winning documentary films, advocacy and service initiatives, and solidarity projects with rural villages in Haiti, Dominican Republic, and Nicaragua. GP youth are ethnically and nationally diverse and hail from our cities’ most underserved communities.
- Child Development
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 10-15 hours per week
- 4 month commitment