Pro Bono Manager: Client Social Worker
- Meet client families to assess additional needs.
- Outcome and follow-up with families.
- Ongoing communication with hospital social workers to coordinate client meetings.
- Document findings and recommendations to executive director and client coordinator.
- Post-stay client outcome calls 3,6,12 months.
- Creates surveys and other data tools with client coordinator.
- Data entry of results in database.
- Proposes improvements to position
Desired Volunteer Attributes
- Works independently.
- Attention to detail.
- Precise and thorough data collection.
- Effective communicator.
- Overcomes obstacles/determination.
- Innovative-proposes new approaches.
- 20-30 Hours/week.
- Day and night flexibility required.
Work From Home
- Yes, and on location as needed. One weekly office session required.
- Social work experience or in SW advanced degree training.
Reports to: Client Coordinator
About Vivian’s Victory - Vivian’s Victory supports needy Tristate families with children fighting for life in long-term intensive care. Support includes short-term financial assistance, humanizing in-hospital programs, and one-on-one 'hope and comfort’ meetings. Learn more at viviansvictory.org.
Vivian’s Victory is the only organization providing this critical assistance in the Tristate.
Needy families often face serious economic consequences when children require long-term intensive care. Often they must choose to leave their child alone in the hospital to keep working to provide at least some income. These situations can impact medical outcomes and pull families apart when they need most to be together.
About Pro Bono Manager Positions - Pro bono managers are unpaid positions of significant leadership, responsibility and long-term tenure at Vivian’s Victory. These roles require special individuals who give of their time and functional expertise to personally deliver on the organization’s mission. Time requirements can range by position from less-than-half to full-time commitments. Expectations of these managers are high. Accordingly, applicants are interviewed carefully to gauge their experience, commitment, judgment and functional excellence.
- Child Welfare
- Program Management
- Case Work / Management
- Crisis Counseling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 20-30 hours per week, day/evening flexibility