Pro Bono Manager: Special Events Coordinator
Role Description - Plans and executes successful large fundraising events.
- Sponsorship acquisitions.
- Ancillary activity management (ie: raffles, auction, merchandise).
- Venue selection and vendor contracts.
- Invitation design, production and distribution.
- Volunteer acquisition, training and organization.
- Searches and acquires applicable permits.
- Coordinates with PR/marketing coordinator for coverage.
- Manages registration.
- Manages cash and controls.
- Event triage.
- Oversees set-up and tear down.
Post Event Responsibilities
- Money accounting and deposits.
- Submits vendor invoices for payment.
- Writes and distributes thank you notes.
- Reports results and makes recommendations for next year.
- Event profile and creative development.
- Inputs to setting financial targets.
Desired Volunteer Attributes
- Strong initiative and sense of urgency.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Excellent volunteer management ability.
- Effective, forward thinking communicator.
- Attention to detail and time planning.
- Works independently to overcome obstacles.
- Full-time March and July.
- Half-time other months.
Work from Home
- Yes. Meetings outside the home as needed.
- Multiple year major event planning and execution experience.
- Sales or fundraising experience.
- Volunteer management experience.
Reports to: Executive Director
About Vivian’s Victory - Vivian’s Victory supports needy Tristate families with children fighting for life in long-term intensive care. Support includes short-term financial assistance, humanizing in-hospital programs, and one-on-one 'hope and comfort’ meetings. Learn more at viviansvictory.org.
Vivian’s Victory is the only organization providing this critical assistance in the Tristate.
Needy families often face serious economic consequences when children require long-term intensive care. Often they must choose to leave their child alone in the hospital to keep working to provide at least some income. These situations can impact medical outcomes and pull families apart when they need most to be together.
About Pro Bono Manager Positions - Pro bono managers are unpaid positions of significant leadership, responsibility and long-term tenure at Vivian’s Victory. These roles require special individuals who give of their time and functional expertise to personally deliver on the organization’s mission. Time requirements can range by position from less-than-half to full-time commitments. Expectations of these managers are high. Accordingly, applicants are interviewed carefully to gauge their experience, commitment, judgment and functional excellence.