Pro Bono Manager: Online Coordinator
Role Description - Responsible for website, social media and other online communication design and content.
- Creates online content and design including editorial, promotion, newsletters, etc.
- Executes uploading of all content.
- Management responsibility for digital projects with outside agencies.
- Sets up, maintains and reports web metrics.
- Develops and executes Search Engine Optimization strategy and plan to increase presence online.
- Ideates new and creative ways to promote Vivian’s Victory online.
- Maintains awareness of online trends and recommends opportunities for advancement of Vivian’s Victory.
Volunteer Desired Attributes
- Professional-level skills in online media development, content management and web metrics.
- Excellent organizational, planning and communications skills to manage multiple projects at once and keep to timelines.
- Takes initiative to seek out opportunities.
- Highly creative, but practical.
- Excellent writing ability for the web including self-editing.
- Attention to detail.
- 10-15 hours per week, varies with project work.
Work From Home
- Yes, meetings outside as needed.
- 3+ years professional digital experience (e.g. corporate/ agency).
- Online design and content writing experience.
Reports to: Executive Director
About Vivian’s Victory - Vivian’s Victory supports needy Tristate families with children fighting for life in long-term intensive care. Support includes short-term financial assistance, humanizing in-hospital programs, and one-on-one 'hope and comfort’ meetings. Learn more at viviansvictory.org.
Vivian’s Victory is the only organization providing this critical assistance in the Tristate.
Needy families often face serious economic consequences when children require long-term intensive care. Often they must choose to leave their child alone in the hospital to keep working to provide at least some income. These situations can impact medical outcomes and pull families apart when they need most to be together.
About Pro Bono Manager Positions - Pro bono managers are unpaid positions of significant leadership, responsibility and long-term tenure at Vivian’s Victory. These roles require special individuals who give of their time and functional expertise to personally deliver on the organization’s mission. Time requirements can range by position from less-than-half to full-time commitments. Expectations of these managers are high. Accordingly, applicants are interviewed carefully to gauge their experience, commitment, judgment and functional excellence.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Content Management Systems
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Website Project Management
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 10-15 hours per week