Pro Bono Manager: Program and Project Coordinator
Role Description - Creates, organizes, executes and maintains ongoing in-hospital programs and one-time projects for the benefit of families with children in intensive care units.
- Organizes and communicates with pertinent hospital staff to ensure smooth execution of programs and projects.
- Create plans and budgets, manages spending and reporting.
- Develops, collects and delivers physical materiel for events.
- Finds and organizes volunteers to prepare and staff events.
- Is present for events executed by Vivian’s Victory.
- Reports post-event results with recommendations.
Volunteer Desired Attributes
- Leadership and salesmanship.
- Attention to details, particularly event execution and financial control.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with hospital staff.
- Motivator of people for volunteer engagement.
- Creative to develop new programs; practical to see them through.
- Excellent communication/follow up skills, including event reporting.
- 10-20 hours per month.
- Varies by number and complexity of programs.
Work from Home
- Both at home and at hospitals.
- Project and volunteer management experience.
Reports to: Executive Director
About Vivian’s Victory - Vivian’s Victory supports needy Tristate families with children fighting for life in long-term intensive care. Support includes short-term financial assistance, humanizing in-hospital programs, and one-on-one 'hope and comfort’ meetings. Learn more at viviansvictory.org.
Vivian’s Victory is the only organization providing this critical assistance in the Tristate.
Needy families often face serious economic consequences when children require long-term intensive care. Often they must choose to leave their child alone in the hospital to keep working to provide at least some income. These situations can impact medical outcomes and pull families apart when they need most to be together.
About Pro Bono Manager Positions - Pro bono managers are unpaid positions of significant leadership, responsibility and long-term tenure at Vivian’s Victory. These roles require special individuals who give of their time and functional expertise to personally deliver on the organization’s mission. Time requirements can range by position from less-than-half to full-time commitments. Expectations of these managers are high. Accordingly, applicants are interviewed carefully to gauge their experience, commitment, judgment and functional excellence.
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Relationship Building
- Family Therapy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 10-20 hours per month