Pro Bono Manager: PR/Marketing Coordinator
Role Description - Generates informed awareness of Vivian’s Victory in the Tristate and beyond through online and offline media vehicles.
- Creates media pitches and story ideas, and presents to media contacts.
- Arranges for coverage of Vivian’s Victory events.
- Develops and maintains relationships with media outlet personnel.
- Writes press releases and manages their distribution and follow up.
- Occasionally, develops copy and design for printed materials.
Volunteer Desired Attributes
- Persuasive presenter.
- Excellent writer.
- Creative story developer.
- High energy and focus.
- Organized with attention to detail and calendar planning.
- Strong communication link with Executive Director.
- Outgoing and professional manner and appearance.
- Communications link with media.
- 15-20 hours per week, may vary by month.
Work From Home
- Likely 50-75% at home; balance in the field.
- 3+ years as professional journalist, public relations/publicity agency or allied field.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
Reports to: Executive Director
About Vivian’s Victory - Vivian’s Victory supports needy Tristate families with children fighting for life in long-term intensive care. Support includes short-term financial assistance, humanizing in-hospital programs, and one-on-one 'hope and comfort’ meetings. Learn more at viviansvictory.org.
Vivian’s Victory is the only organization providing this critical assistance in the Tristate.
Needy families often face serious economic consequences when children require long-term intensive care. Often they must choose to leave their child alone in the hospital to keep working to provide at least some income. These situations can impact medical outcomes and pull families apart when they need most to be together.
About Pro Bono Manager Positions - Pro bono managers are unpaid positions of significant leadership, responsibility and long-term tenure at Vivian’s Victory. These roles require special individuals who give of their time and functional expertise to personally deliver on the organization’s mission. Time requirements can range by position from less-than-half to full-time commitments. Expectations of these managers are high. Accordingly, applicants are interviewed carefully to gauge their experience, commitment, judgment and functional excellence.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Public Relations
- Graphic Design / Print
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- 15-20 hours per week