Pro Bono Manager: Operations Manager
Role Description - Serves as "operating officer" of Vivian’s Victory staffed entirely by other experienced pro bono managers in assigned roles. Reports directly and works closely with Executive Director.
- Oversees and manages day-to-day administrative functions and operations of Vivian’s Victory.
- Develops and maintains business processes, including financial controls and reports.
- Assists Executive Director with calendar, contacts, correspondence, budgeting, board relations, report preparation and other duties as designed.
Volunteer Desired Attributes
- Impeccable organization skills for themselves and others.
- Excellent communication linkage.
- High Emotional Quotient (EQ), strong empathic connections, particularly volunteers.
- Fanatical attention to detail.
- Huge capacity and comfort with high work load.
- Outstanding thinking, evaluation and judgment skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Flexible to manage changing priorities and new situations.
Time Requirement - Full time.
Work From Home
- 10+ years office management experience, preferably as senior executive assistant or office manager.
- Non-profit experience as volunteer or employee is preferred.
Reports to: Executive Director
About Vivian’s Victory - Vivian’s Victory supports needy Tristate families with children fighting for life in long-term intensive care. Support includes short-term financial assistance, humanizing in-hospital programs, and one-on-one 'hope and comfort’ meetings. Learn more at viviansvictory.org.
Vivian’s Victory is the only organization providing this critical assistance in the Tristate.
Needy families often face serious economic consequences when children require long-term intensive care. Often they must choose to leave their child alone in the hospital to keep working to provide at least some income. These situations can impact medical outcomes and pull families apart when they need most to be together.
About Pro Bono Manager Positions - Pro bono managers are unpaid positions of significant leadership, responsibility and long-term tenure at Vivian’s Victory. These roles require special individuals who give of their time and functional expertise to personally deliver on the organization’s mission. Time requirements can range by position from less-than-half to full-time commitments. Expectations of these managers are high. Accordingly, applicants are interviewed carefully to gauge their experience, commitment, judgment and functional excellence.