Volunteers to Help Save Inner-city Detroit Neighborhood
13 people are interested
Urban Development Corporation (UDC) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of low to moderate income families who live on the Northeast Side of Detroit.
UDC is diligently trying to save a 9-block area. We are cleaning up, improving the landscape and rehabbing one house at a time and could use some helping hands to aid in our efforts.
We would be delighted to have individuals, groups, civic organization, corporations, churches, sororities and fraternities join in our efforts for a couple of hours of fun and an opportunity to make a difference in the life of others and who have a passion for the rebirth of inner-city Detroit. All tools and equipment needed for volunteer project will be provided.This event represents an opportunity to make a difference in an inner-city Detroit Neighborhood.
About Urban Development Corporation
2727 Second Avenue, Suite 129, Detroit, MI 48201, US
Improve the quality of life and bring about positive life-style changing experiences of low to moderate income families who live in urban communities. In carrying out our mission Urban Development Corporation serves as a catalyst in the revitalization of communities through the development of activities and programs which promote clean, drug-free, healthy, safe and enjoyable family lifestyles.
The uniqueness of our organization is our willingness to address counter productive behaviors which plague many urban communities, they include: random gunshot firing, slum lording, illegal dumping, liquor stores on nearly every corner, vandalism, and the selling of illicit drugs. These activities are major contributing factors to the rapid deterioration of inner city neighborhoods and lead to a large number of eyesore houses having to be torn down.
Our efforts are currently concentrated in the following areas:
- Beautification and clean-up of inner city neighborhoods.
- Substance abuse awareness and prevention.
- Broadening the horizon of inner city youth through exposure to future career opportunities, the fine arts, and recreational activities.
- Acquisition and renovation of deteriorating properties.
- Unemployment and underemployment.
- Addressing environmental pollution concerns and issues.
- Serving as a liaison between residents, businesses; local police and municipalities to alleviate illegal activity.
- Rehab of our donated building which will be utilized as a community/employment center.
We'll work with your schedule.
St LouisDetroit, MI 48234
- Urban Planning
- Home Repair
- 3 to 4 hours
- Interested and willing to help inner-city Detroit neighborhood