NAAAP-Chicago is looking for people who wish to use their functional expertise to foster leadership among Asian American professionals. The following programs and events are where we are looking for volunteers:
- NAAAP partners with many Asian community organizations to hold one-day volunteer projects during the year. Past projects include Martin Luther King Day of service, tutoring at Asian Youth Services and teaching through Junior Achievement.
- Back to School Backpack Drive & Backpack Party (June-August)
Newly launched in 2016, this benefits Asian youth in the Chicago-land community. The packing party is scheduled to be held late-August.
- Annual Toy Drive & Toy Wrapping Party (October December)
Launched in 2003, this is NAAAP’s annual toy drive benefiting Asian youth in the Chicago-land community. Toy wrapping party is scheduled to be held in early December
- Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month (May)
This event brings together sponsors for an evening of conversation around how Asian American leaders make a difference to the community, accompanied by cultural entertainment and networking.
- Chinatown Chamber Dragon Boat Race for Literacy (Summer)
NAAAP-Chicago supports the dragon boat race for literacy by entering a NAAAP-Chicago team. The event date is determined by the Chinatown Chamber of Commerce and varies from year to year.
- Asian American Group Leaders Program
A network of Asian Employee/Business resource groups facilitated and managed by NAAAP. The focus is to share best practices with other ERG/BRGs in providing value back to their organizations.
- Corporate Leadership Conference (October)
The Chicago Leadership Conference is a diversity-driven initiative committed to providing learning and networking opportunities for Chicago-based organizations and companies to address unique concerns and issues that Asian professionals may face in the workplace.
- Entrepreneurship Program
This program focuses on starting and maintaining your own business.
- "Meet the Employer" Career Strategy Workshops
Employers sponsor a session/workshop to showcase their company to our demographic.
- Women in NAAAP Program
Originally launched in 2004 and now recognized as a national program, this focuses on the advancement of Asian American women in the workplace.
- Women in NAAAP Leadership Forum (April)
This half-day forum provides learning and networking opportunities for Asian American women.
- Member Networking (March - October)
New for 2018 and to actively engage NAAAP members regularly, monthly informal networking events will be held at NAAAP’s offices at WeWork.
- Member Appreciation Dinner (February)
This is NAAAP’s annual event to show appreciation for our members, as well as introduce the benefits of NAAAP to non-members. This event highlights recent accomplishments and recognizes key contributors and sponsors of the organization.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Varies. Average 2-8 hours/week