Here are four potential volunteer opportunities:
- SwingPals Volunteer Coach: opportunities to help coach 6 th, 7 th and 8 th grade students who face adversity. Primarily at Hillandale GC, Monday through Friday, 2:45pm - 4:45pm. Can be one day or multiple days. Opportunities also exist in the gymnasium at any one of our four middle schools (times vary -these sessions are 90 minutes in duration). No golf experience required! Volunteers are trained so they may coach students in developing a growth mindset and have the confidence to step outside of their comfort zones to try something new.
- SwingPals Safety Volunteer: opportunities to help supervise our 6 th, 7 th and 8 th grade students on the golf course and / or in the gymnasiums. Safety Volunteers also receive the same training as coaches, however, the focus is on them ensuring safety during the program.
- SwingPals Mentors: match up with one of our students through our relationship with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Triangle. Commitment is for one year. Meet your mentee 3 or 4 times per month. Free range balls and golf lessons together.
- SwingPals Driver: Helping to drive students (in our buses) to and from school.
- People Skills
- Sports Coaching
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- At the volunteers discretion.
- Likes working with kids, golf experience not necessary.