Visitor Greeting Ambassadors
7 people are interested
Must enjoy and be able to interact with people of all ages and from diverse backgrounds. Volunteers who are flexible and have positive attitudes typically have excellent experiences working in the visitor services program.
Visitor Greeting Ambassador - Training is provided to teach volunteers refuge rules, regulations, and operating procedures.
- Greet and provide information to the visiting public.
- Register participants for and provide information about our programs
- Assist with the operation of Shiawassee NWR Headquarters and/or Visitor Center including: answering phones; sorting data, maintaining/cleaning interior and exterior public areas to include restroom facilities.
- Support staff, Friends and volunteer programs as needed.
- Assist Visitors with Senior, Annual and other Passes.
Degree of difficulty: Average with minimal physical demand. It may require standing and/or talking for longer periods of time.
About Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge - United States Fish & Wildlife Service
6975 Mower Road, Saginaw, MI 48601, US
The refuge’s mission is to preserve and manage an undeveloped expanse of floodplain forest, marshes, rivers, and associated habitat within an agricultural and urban landscape through habitat management, encouraging public stewardship, educational programs, and private land activities .
Shiawassee National Wildlife Refuge was established in 1953 and contains approx. 10,000 acres of marsh, bottomland hardwood forest, and grasslands. It was authorized by the Migratory Bird Conservation Commission under the Migratory Bird Conservation Act "...for use as an inviolate sanctuary, or for any other management purpose, for migratory birds." Additional purposes designated under the Refuge Recreation Act are "...incidental fish and wildlife-oriented recreational development, the protection of natural resources, and the conservation of endangered and threatened species."
We'll work with your schedule.
6975 Mower RoadSaginaw, MI 48601
- People Skills
- Environmental Education
- Administrative Support
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 18
- Two, 3-5 hour shifts weekly.