The Survivant Organization (TSO), a non-profit dedicated to assisting female victims of domestic and sexual violence aged 16-24 needs YOU!
Being a survivor of domestic and sexual violence myself, I want to put together a team dedicated to using their positions in the non-profit community here in DC to attract more survivors to come forward, tell their stories, receive the help they need, and combat the silent epidemic of violence towards women. We have several projects in the works geared towards awareness, interactive education, and therapy that we really need help bringing to fruition. We are looking for the right individual to start ASAP so they can assist with our relaunching of TSO through various projects, including a true crime documentary project and a brand, new podcast endeavor.
The Board will support the work of The Survivant Organization (TSO) and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by TSO’s chief executive officer (CEO), the Board-CEO relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. Specific Board Member responsibilities include:
LEADERSHIP, GOVERNANCE AND OVERSIGHT
- Attend all board meetings
- Maintain knowledge of the organization and personal commitment to its goals and objectives
- Serves as an in person and virtual liaison between the Executive Director and representatives/project participants; handles press releases to various partners and community; maintenance of completion of project/initiative tasks by deadlines.
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO as s/he develops and implements TSO’s strategic plan
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by TSO for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving TSO’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the CEO
- Assisting the CEO and board chair in identifying and recruiting other Board Members
- Partnering with the CEO and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing TSO to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring TSO’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the communities TSO serves
TSO Board Members will consider TSO a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority. TSO will then be able to credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals, TSO expects to have 100 percent of Board Members make an annual contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
TSO’s Board Members will serve a five-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for additional terms. Board meetings will be held quarterly and committee meetings will be held in coordination with full board meetings.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about TSO’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- A commitment to and understanding of TSO’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
- Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of TSO’s beneficiaries
- Service on TSO’s Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
You must CURRENTLY LIVE in the DC METRO AREA and HAVE FORMER BOARD MEMBER EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. WE are also working on a docuseries so participation/being on camera is MANDATORY. WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER AND CORRESPOND WITH APPLICANTS THAT MEET THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS. Send your resume, interest, and inquiries to email@example.com for consideration. This position must be filled ASAP.
To learn more about the work TSO does, connect with us through our various media:
"Like" our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/thesurvivantorganization
Follow the LIONESS on Twitter @THESURVIVANTORG
Subscribe to our channel "Survivant" on YouTube
Hope to hear from you soon!
- Customer Acquisition
- Event Planning / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- SEEKING COMMUNICATIONS...
- RECRUITING OVERSEAS FEMALE HOSTS...
- SEEKING MENTORSHIP/AMBASSADOR...
- RECRUITING LGBTQIA FEMALE...
- JOIN TRUE CRIME DOCUMENTARY TEAM...
- RECRUITING FEMALE HOST IN THE US...
- SEEKING WOMAN BORN IN WEST...
- SEEKING COMMUNITY OUTREACH...
- VIDEOGRAPHERS NEEDED FOR TRUE...
- SEEKING FEMALE MUSICIANS FROM...
- SEEKING WOMAN BORN IN WEST...
- SEEKING WOMEN TO TELL THEIR...
- SEEKING GRANTS/FUNDING STREAM...
- VIDEOGRAPHERS NEEDED ASAP TRUE...
- SEEKING DEVELOPMENT/VOLUNTEER...
- SEEKING WOMAN BORN IN SOUTH ASIA...
- CASTING CALL FOR DC TRUE CRIME...
- SEEKING INDIVIDUAL FOR BOARD...
- TSO IS ACTIVELY SEEKING VIRTUAL...
- SEEKING WOMAN BORN IN EAST...