Domestic Violence Resource Center Volunteers
20 people are interested
A Domestic Violence Resource Center in Wakefield is looking for volunteers for various positions. This nonprofit is dedicated to help support those who have been affected by domestic violence and their families. They create a safe, welcoming space for all who come through their doors.
- Special events/tabling volunteers: Volunteers are needed to attend various community events including farmers markets, town events, shcool events and others. A training will be provided for all volunteers.
- Advocates are needed to answer the HOT LINE for people calling in with questions, problems or for support. Help someone in need with just a few hours on the phone a week. Free training and shadowing provided. The next training is February 3, 2018 9:30 am- 3:30 pm.
- Bulk mail help is needed. This is a flexible part-time volunteer opportunity. Great for people who want to get a couple hours in a month.
- Volunteers are also needed to watch children of indidviduals who come into the center for support groups or discussions.
We'll work with your schedule.
61 Main StreetWakefield, RI 02879
- Child Care
- People Skills
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, 4-hour shifts for hot line volunteers