Want to join a Board of Directors
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
39 people are interested
Member of the Board of Directors
Women In Action, Inc., Worcester, MA
Job Description and Expectations
Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Women In Action, Inc. to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Mission statement: The mission of Women In Action, Inc. is to Unify and Empower Women of all backgrounds and creeds to come together and build within their lives as well as their communities.
The vision of Women In Action, Inc. is to increase the range of opportunities, activities, skills, roles, and rights available to women by encouraging the fullest use and development of women’s abilities and resources. WIA will work to empower all women, and provide a place for women to meet as individuals and in groups, an information and referral service, and it shall initiate other programs to secure and enhance the quality of life for women.
- Organizational leadership and advisement
- Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
- Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
- Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
- Oversight of program planning and evaluation
- Personnel evaluation and staff development
- Review of organizational and programmatic reports
- Promotion of the organization
- Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of Women In Action, Inc.. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term: Two, three, or four years, which may be renewed, pending approval of the board.
Meetings and time commitment:
- The board of directors meets quarterly. Currently meetings occur on the third Monday of the month at 6pm; however, meetings are scheduled to fit the needs of all board members as best possible and therefore meeting days/times may change. Meetings typically last 90 minutes.
- Emergency board meetings could occur, but are rare.
- Committees of the board meet an average of six to twelve times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
- Board members are asked to attend no less than two special events or meetings per year, as they are determined.
- Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
- Participate on at least one, but no more than two, standing committees or task forces of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
- WIA Inc. committees include: Program Success Committee, Fundraising & Events Committee, and the Family & Community Engagement Committee
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Women In Action, Inc.’s mission, objectives, and programs.
- Help communicate and promote Women In Action, Inc.’s mission and programs to the community.
- Become familiar with Women In Action, Inc.’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Understand the policies and procedures of Women In Action, Inc.
- Financially support Women In Action, Inc. in a manner commensurate with one’s ability.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Women In Action Inc
340 Main Street, Suite 809, Worcester, MA 01610, US
The mission of Women In Action Inc is to Unify and Empower Women of all backgrounds and creeds to come together and build within their lives as well as their communities.
Women In Action Inc. is a woman support group for the everyday woman where we combine the objectives of removing mental health barriers to employment with exercises that promote practical outcomes. Women will learn coping strategies to deal with their emotional concerns, and gain knowledge about the culture of the work environment. Personal strengths will be identified in dealing with stress- related issues. Women can expect to become empowered to pursue educational/employment goals while improving in the area of general life skills. Our work is rooted in a tradition of educating and engaging women of all means about the power of our collective action as philanthropists. We know that we can have a greater impact when we work together, leveraging our financial and intellectual resources for individuals and families to empower themselves to affect long-term systemic change. It is this singular commitment of women helping women that sets Women In Action Inc. apart from more traditional philanthropic organizations locally and nationally.
We'll work with your schedule.
102 Shore DriveWorcester, MA 01605
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Business Development
- Market Research / Analysis
- People 55+
- Passionate about helping women. Agrees with our Mission and Vision.