The Program Directors are responsible for:
- Overseeing our weekly literacy program known as Need2Read, on Wednesdays from 6:30pm-7:30pm at various congregations throughout Union County, NJ.
- Facilitating weekly literacy activities between youth groups.
- Instructing literacy volunteers and interns on how to assist in facilitating activities, getting to know the children, and general rules.
- Signing any forms for community service/volunteering for the interns and community service students.
- Attending monthly support staff meetings and offering updates to the team.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Special Needs
- Teaching / Instruction
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-hr on alternating Wednesdays throughout the year