Studies have shown that students who visit museums develop better critical thinking skills, are more empathetic, and have broader imaginations. Help us encourage those attributes in our local communities while sharing the treasures in our collection by becoming a Museum Teacher today!
During school field trips, adult group tours, and special events, Museum Teachers offer guided tours and a variety of hands-on activities that offer deeper engagement for visitors of all ages.
Museum Teachers will:
- Lead guided tours for scheduled school groups
- Assist the museum staff during special events with hands-on activities
- Assist staff with occasional off-site outreach opportunities
Museum Teacher Requirements:
- Age: 18+
- Minimum hours: Two 4/hour shifts per month
- Completed application form with 2 letters of recommendation from non-family members
- Personal interview
Interested in applying? Send us a note here on VolunteerMatch and our Curator of Education & Public Engagement will be in touch with an application form!
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Two 4/hour shifts per month
- Application and personal interview