"La Casa Norte’s mission is to serve youth and families confronting homelessness. We provide access to stable housing and deliver comprehensive services that act as a catalyst to transform lives and communities." La Casa Norte’s mission and philosophy of service are to impact the social issues of homelessness at the individual and community levels.
This is an ongoing volunteer opportunity that takes place at all of our locations: Back of the Yards, Humboldt Park, and Logan Square. The operations team is crucial to the success of our work and mission. Maintaining our locations presentable and functioning properly is essential in providing high-quality services to our clients.
- Ideal for one-time service or continuous engagement.
- A minimum of one shift per week is required with flexible shifts available during the work week between 9:30am-6:00 pm
- 2-10 hours per service or per week if continuous.
- Operation Associate
Expected Goals and Objectives
First Goal: Maintenance Tasks
- Select cleaning materials and attend to assigned areas
- Ensure cleanliness and pleasant atmosphere of operation facilities and grounds
- Maintain an efficient and safe work atmosphere
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all La Casa Norte volunteers are responsible for contributing to the overall success of La Casa Norte by:
- Attending all volunteer orientation and training sessions
- Working as a team member with fellow staff and volunteers to provide resources to clients
- Understanding and adhering to professional boundaries with clients
- Understand and use proper safety procedures with cleaning supplies
- Able to complete task-based work
- Detail oriented and able to move medium to heavy objects
- Work in a non-profit environment
- Engage with operations team
- Potential to learn basic maintenance skills
Minimum Age: 18 or older
La Casa Norte is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability.
- Office Management
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Project Management
- Appliance Repair
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One time or minimum of one shift per week
- Lift heavy items