"La Casa Norte’s mission is to serve youth and families confronting homelessness. We provide access to stable housing and deliver comprehensive services that act as a catalyst to transform lives and communities." La Casa Norte’s mission and philosophy of service are to impact the social issues of homelessness at the individual and community levels.
This is an ongoing volunteer position that works as needed with the Palante Scattered Site Housing and Rapid Rehousing Program. Palante Scattered Site Housing program offers to house those who are chronically homeless and usually with a pre-existing condition. Rapid Rehousing program house those who are transitioning from shelters into permanent housing. This volunteer position supports La Casa Norte’s Scattered Site and Rapid Rehousing Staff so they can provide services such as case management, employment, and education services, health services, therapy and housing to homeless clients who are the most vulnerable.
- This volunteer position is on-call; shifts are 2-5 hours at various residential locations in the Chicago area.
- A two-week advance notice will be given to volunteers.
- Operations Associate
Expected Goals and Objectives
First Goal: Packing and Moving
- Assist clients with their packing and moving needs
- Drive household items from one location to another
- Effectively communicate with LCN staff and clients
Second Goal: Cleaning
- Assist individuals or families with post and pre-move cleanup
- Ensure common area around property clear of any trash
- Prepare to move out the space for tenant turnover
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, all La Casa Norte volunteers are responsible for contributing to the overall success of La Casa Norte by:
- Attending all volunteer orientation and training sessions
- Working as a team member with fellow staff and volunteers to provide resources to clients
- Understanding and adhering to professional boundaries with clients
- Access to a vehicle
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid car insurance
- Cautious and efficient driver
- Flexible and teamwork minded
- Engagement with community members seeking La Casa Norte’s services
- Work with multiple diverse communities in Chicago
- Provide a valuable service to clients with limited resources
Minimum Age: 21 or older
La Casa Norte is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, or disability.
- Janitorial Maintenance
- Project Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- On Call, Shift 2-5 hours long
- Lift heavy items.