Board of Director, Treasurer / CFO
Women on Change (WoC) https://www.womenonchange.org - Washington, DC
Women on change (WoC) is a 501(C)(3) startup organization that mobilizes women globally to mold interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) for hard to reach females under the age of 18 years old.
If you are a highly creative, self-starter, problem solver, we want you to serve as board member part-time (15-25 hours a month) for a minimum 12 months, up to 3 years.
- Knowledge in nonprofit reporting and management and ability to learn quickly
- Effectively translate financial information and financial concepts for the board. Utilize the 990 form as the marketing tool for communicating with WoC donors
- Excellent planning leadership required to drive WoC budget information to its supporters and the board
- Strategic thinking skills to take WoC from ground zero to forecasting financial options and decisions needed for longer term goals and mission
- Finance/Accounting degree with 3 Years of work experience in the nonprofit space or high interest to learn quicly
- Serves as the chair of the Finance/fundraising committee
- Act as the CFO or the organization, manage the financial affairs of the organization, e.g. develop and enforce internal controls and financial management policies etc.,
- Ensure accurate and complete financial reporting and proper maintenance of financial records and information/tax returns
- Keep a calendar of filing requirements and deadline are met in a timely manner
- Have or willing to learn quickly about IRS nonprofit financial tax reporting, e.g. Form 990, and others policies
- Ability to translate financial concepts and information for board members, who do not have financial backgrounds or substantial financial experience
How to apply: email resume and cover letter to Lexima at womenonchange.org and cc womenonchange at gmail.com, call 202-656-0077 for questions.
- Resource Development / Management
- Math / Science Instruction
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 15-30 hours a month