Volunteer your time and help someone with limited English discover their full potential.
Our tutor training teaches people, like you, how to help an adult neighbor read, write, speak and understand English better. If you can volunteer just two hours a week, you can fit tutoring into your schedule.
- Tutor times and locations are based on your availability in your own community
- No teaching background or second language is required
- Tutoring is done one-on-one
- You are trained to customize lessons focusing on everyday life skills in an English-speaking world
- Staff is always available to provide continued support
Help someone move forward. Get so much back.
You can build a mutually rewarding one-on-one relationship with your student and see direct rewards from their work and take pride in helping them become more independent and comfortable members of our community.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hrs/wk for 6 mos after being trained as tutor.
- After orientation session, volunteer tutor attends training sessions prior to tutoring.