1. Are you a fun, caring and outgoing person who loves interacting with seniors?
2. Do you enjoy music and dancing?
3. Are you available on Tuesdays from 5:30 pm to 7:00pm?
If you’ve answered YES to all these questions then volunteering as a Happy Hour Volunteer will be a great fit for you! We also welcome small groups (2-4) to join us!
Happy Hour at Eliza Bryant Village is a fun time for our residents to gather together every Tuesday and dance to the tunes of a DJ spinning music from the 1920s and beyond!
Studies have shown that music has a healing power, helping to boost mood, reduce stress and agitation, foster positive social interactions, coordinate motor function, and even facilitate cognition.
Responsibilities for the Happy Hour Volunteer will include:
- Transporting seniors in wheelchairs to and from the multipurpose room.
- Distributing snacks and drinks to seniors during activity.
- Engaging seniors through singing, dancing, and conversation.
- Cleaning up after activity by picking up trash and wiping down tables.
- Reporting changes in resident behavior, safety hazards, or procedural difficulties to the staff on duty.
- Adhering to the Volunteer Handbook & Policy Manual.
A detailed orientation and training will be provided upon start of service at Eliza Bryant Village.
The Happy Hour Volunteer should exhibit dependability, punctuality, enthusiasm, affection, flexibility, and patience. Our seniors enjoy having a great time so this expected to be fun for both seniors and volunteers!
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Every Tuesday; 5:30pm to 7:00pm