Share your joy of reading - become an RSVP Tale Teller volunteer and spend an hour or two a week reading in Kindergarten classrooms.
Studies show that reading aloud is the best way to help children develop word mastery and grammatical understanding, which form the basis for learning how to read.
Attend RSVP Tale Teller training where you will meet other Tale Teller volunteers and receive tips from Polk County Schools' Media Services Coordinator to help you become a more effective reader.
Mark you calendar:
August 15, 2017 (Tuesday)
Jim Miles Professional Development Center
5204 US Hwy 98 South
Lakeland, FL 33812
9 am - 10:30 am
As an RSVP Tale Teller Volunteer, RSVP Polk will cover the cost of your Polk County Schools background screen.
RSVP Polk enrollment form available:
- Literacy / Reading
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- 1 or 2 hours/week throughout school year
- Must pass Polk County Schools Background Screen; belong to RSVP Polk
- Bone Builder Exercise Class...
- Read to Kindergartners - Crystal...
- Volunteer Fitness Instructor
- RSVP Tale Teller
- Strong Fit Seniors
- Read to Kindergartners - Gibbons...
- Deliver a meal and a smile to a...
- Groceries for Seniors
- RSVP Bone Builder Instructor of...
- Bi-Lingual Bone Builder Exercise...
- Be A Bone Builder Group Leader