Looking for industry experts who want to give back to their community in an executive capacity by volunteering to be the first board members of SJEI. You must be motivated and willing to commit for at least one year to this new non-profit so as to lay the groundwork for something special.
Volunteer position, 1 to 5 hours per week.
Board Member Responsibilities may include some of the following:
- The board evaluates itself and the organization, ensures financial and program accountability and transparency, includes ---reviews effectiveness of programs; mandates needs assessment of constituency every few years, sets meeting agendas, creates necessary committees, keeps minutes, and recruits effective members.
- Creates the mission and vision, sets goals and objectives, develops a strategic plan and fashions organizational procedures)
Oversee use of resources
- Ensures sufficient funds are raised (includes marketing and public relations) and spent appropriately.
- Hires and if necessary fires the executive director; evaluates ED’s performance.
- Conflicts, insurance, file required papers and act as a trustee/fiduciary; creates and abides by the bylaws.
Evolving Role of the Board Members
- Governance (oversight of operations, including financial accountability)
- Support (fundraising, public relations and providing individual expertise)
- Executive Admin
- Public Advocacy
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Environmental Policy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 1 to 5 hours per week initially. Flexible.