We are looking for a competent volunteer, should be able to motivate and inspire. You must possess organizational skills and ability to communicate with students from diverse backgrounds and experience. The goal is to ensure that our organization is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals, and that they are correctly positioned for the fulfilment of our program.
Manage Volunteer schedule across all sites to ensure capacity of program
Duties and responsibilities
- Learn how to utilize Volunteer Match to monitor applications.
- Respond to email applications from Volunteer Match:
- Contact applicants within 24hrs of request
- Provide applicants with organization information based on volunteer role
- Interview candidates for fit with organization
- Schedule volunteer training
- Coordinate with Program Site leads for volunteer registration
- Ensure capacity of volunteers per site - recruit additional where needed
- Work with site lead to ensure that the volunteers are reporting as expected.
- Work with the program manager to assist with any issues or concerns volunteers as needed.
- Ensure volunteers have all information regarding location logistics and have a positive experience with our organization
- Follow up with thank you letters to volunteers post program
- Follow up with assessments to volunteers regarding their experience
**There may be other assignments that we would need to fill in accordance to your availability, skills, and interest.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote
- People skills
- Understanding of group dynamics
- Eager to learn new tools
- Interested in Coding or at least the understanding of it
- Know a second language that is not English
Working with students at the high school level.
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 Hour a day, 5 days per week (Mon-Fri) minimum
- Volunteers will need acces to a computer and internet.