Meal providers are an essential part of Operation HOPE-Vista's success. No matter how a client's day has gone, they know they can count on a tasty warm meal before bed. They also see that the community supports them. These are both things that contribute to their successful return to independence. Meal provision is an excellent bonding experience for a group of friends, a civic club, a faith group or a businuess. There is a short Shelter Cookbook available to help generate a variety of ideas for meal preparation.
- Provide a pre-cooked, nutritional hot meal for up to 50 clients and volunteers
- Provide 2 gallons of milk and 1 gallon of juice
- Once the clients have been served, we invite our volunteers to sit down and share a meal with our client families to gain a better understanding of who is homeless
- People Skills
- Cooking / Catering
- Food Service
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Can serve multiple days or one meal a month.
- Meals are scheduled in advanced. Volunteers are asked to arrive between 5:15 p.m. and 5:30 p.m.