Sexual/Domestic Assault Advocate Volunteer
31 people are interested
360 Communities provides help in the moment and hope for the future. Our Advocates must demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. We are looking for a few volunteers who are interested in supporting our Mission Statement as a Sexual Assault Advocate Volunteer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to South Metro area hospitals to provide advocacy and support to victim/survivors who have experienced sexual/domestic violence.
- Using a trauma-informed approach, provide crisis intervention, safety planning, emotional support, and available resources, as needed.
- Assist and empower survivors to assert their rights and choices while advocating on their behalf for responsive, trauma-informed treatment.
- Interact professionally with sexual assault nurse examiners, hospital staff, law enforcement and family members or friends while at the hospital.
- Document client information, summary, follow up needs, and report information to shelter Staff/Supervisor.
- Opportunity to facilitate Support Group.
- Maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries.
- Follow all mandated reporter requirements.
- Value diversity and work well with individuals of all ages, cultures, races, sexual orientations, gender identities, mental/physical abilities, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Will need to provide a copy of the certificate indicating you have completed the 40 hour Sexual Assault Advocacy training.
- Excellent communication skills
- Commit to two - 12 hour on-call shifts per months for a period of at least 12 months. (On call shift means being available to respond if a sexual assault advocate is needed - can respond from any location)
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Attend meetings and on-going training as needed.
- Reliable transportation - must be at hospital within 1 hour of call
If you have the state mandated, 40 hour Sexual Assault Advocacy training and possess the certificate, Please apply by completing the on-line Volunteer Interest form on our website at: www.360communities.org/volunteer/volunteer-interest-form/
NOTE: I have heard from potential volunteers that they do not receive my email reply. If you choose not to provide your phone number and have not received an email from me with in 24 business hours, please check your spam, junk and/or deleted files to see if my response automatically went there. Or, feel free to call me at 952.985.4017. Thank you.
About 360 Communities
501 E. Hwy 13, Suite 112, Burnsville, MN 55337, US
360 Communities delivers safety and stability that improves lives. We provide help in the moment and hope for the future.
Founded more than 40 years ago by a group of volunteers, 360 Communities provides hope and support to more than 17,500 individuals each year with services in over 40 locations, including a network of five food shelves, two resource centers, two sexual and domestic violence shelters, and two programs that support school success from birth through high school graduation. About 1,200 volunteers donate their time, energy and talent in support of 360 Communities every year.
360 Communities delivers a full circle of support to families through its strong network of programs, resources, and community partners. No matter how a person enters 360 Communities, staff and volunteers engage them to identify the root causes of their problems and provide resources to help them onto a path toward self-sustained success
We'll work with your schedule.
The Dakota County, MN AreaBurnsville, Hastings, MN 55124
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Min. = 2, 12 hr shifts/mo (day, eve & overnight)
- additional skills: active listening, non-judgmental, ability to interact with trauma victims