360 Communities mission statement is: "In the spirit of caring for our neighbors, 360 Communities provides hope and support to people by engaging communities to prevent violence, ensure school success and promote long-term self-sufficiency." Our Advocates must demonstrate commitment to the agency’s mission statement and core values at all times. We are looking for a few volunteers who are interested in supporting our Mission Statement as a Sexual Assault Advocate Volunteer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to South Metro area hospitals to provide advocacy and support to victim/survivors who have experienced sexual/domestic violence.
- Using a trauma-informed approach, provide crisis intervention, safety planning, emotional support, and available resources, as needed.
- Assist and empower survivors to assert their rights and choices while advocating on their behalf for responsive, trauma-informed treatment.
- Interact professionally with sexual assault nurse examiners, hospital staff, law enforcement and family members or friends while at the hospital.
- Must complete our 40 hour Sexual Assault Training class prior to being considered for this volunteer position.
Please complete the on-line Volunteer Interest form on our website at: www.360communities.org/volunteer/volunteer-interest-form/
NOTE: I am hearing from potential volunteers that they do not receive my email reply. If you choose not to provide your phone number and have not received an email from me with in 24 business hours, please check your spam, junk and/or deleted files to see if my response automatically went there. Or, feel free to call me at 952.985.4017. Thank you.
- Crisis Intervention
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Min. = 2, 12 hr shifts/mo (day, eve & overnight)
- additional skills: active listening, non-judgmental, ability to interact with trauma victims