The Overnight Volunteer Shift s the least exciting of our shifts, but one of the most important. In order to keep costs down, we rely on one volunteer and one paid staff to monitor the shelter throughout the night. Most days there is nothing of significance happening, which means the program is running smoothly. But some there is a sick child, or the fire alarm goes off or some other unexpected event. It's those infrequent events that require us to have two people on duty at all times. This job is perfect for students or other late birds that like some peace and quiet to read or study. But, we do provide a private bed for a night's rest if you prefer.
- Assist cleints and staff with anything they need as they head to bed at 9:00p.m.
- Back up Security in enforcing all Shelter Rules
- Assist Security with walking clients and getting them ready for a productive day
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Can serve one or multiple nights per week/month
- Seven Days per Week: 9:00 p.m.-7:30 a.m.