Volunteer Finance Officer
Grace for Impact - Dallas, TX
We’re a collaborative team, passionate about our work and driven by making a meaningful difference in the lives of the people we serve in some of the poorest countries of the world. You are a genius with numbers who shares our passion for making the world a better place through our health, education and capacity development programs worldwide.
What you’ll do:
The Finance Officer is primarily responsible for oversight of the organization’s finances, reporting and other related tasks. The Finance Manager must work well independently and have maturity, high professional standards and ethics, the ability to work with minimal supervision, and strong organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the CEO in developing the annual operating budget and reports, including forecasting, for Board and Finance Committee.
- Monitors appropriate use of funds related by funding source.
- Prepare monthly finance reports and compile for annual reporting
- Prepare a variety of spreadsheets for tracking various financial transactions.
- Responsible for tax reporting, organizational reporting, end of year close out
- Enter monthly, quarterly, and annual recurring journal entries.
- Monthly reconciliation and closing responsibilities and preparing monthly financial statements.
- Process accounts receivable by preparing and posting cash receipts journal.
- Maintain account receivable records, prepare and track bank deposits and reconciliation.
- Maintain and accounts receivable spreadsheet for donations and all programs.
- Monitor cash inflow and outflow to determine cash needs
- Process accounts payable by organizing and posting bills to accounting program, securing authorized signatures on checks and mailing payments.
- Set up and maintain vendor files, including year-end filings
- Responsible for audit preparation and coordinates and prepares fiscal documentation for audits.
- Maintain files on all required forms and certifications from funded agencies (e.g. State Certifications, IRS Determination Letter, etc.).
- Provide support to fundraising programs as needed.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other agency staff, volunteers, Board of Directors, clients and with representative of government, and other community organizations.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in related filed plus two years of related work experience or five years of progressive work experience in finance/accounting.
- Demonstrates financial leadership, initiative and self-motivation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work in a flexible, fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare materials with accuracy and timeliness; ability to pay close attention to details.
- Demonstrated experience in exercising excellent judgement and handling and protecting confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to assess policies and procedures and formulate recommendations.
- Ability to work with people of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, socio-economic, political backgrounds, gender identification and abilities.
- Substantial knowledge of personal computers and experience with nonprofit fund accounting programs and MS Office software, including Word and Excel. Quickbooks experience.
- Must be professional, gracious, and culturally embracing.
About Grace for Impact
Grace for Impact (GFI) is a non-profit, 501c3, international development organization that focuses on access to high quality healthcare and education in many of the poorest countries of the world- where the need is greatest.
We are a ten-year-old startup non-profit with a great culture and a huge opportunity to make a difference. We work collaboratively and agilely and strive to learn from everything we do. We respect each other, work hard, and have a great time together. We’re looking for individuals who share our vision, our values, and our willingness to do what it takes to achieve an ambitious mission over the next few years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Grace for Impact values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Grace for Impact is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws
- Office Management
- Donor Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- A few hours every month...