Pet Therapy Volunteers
Goal: "Patients experience the unconditional love of an animal"
AseraCare is looking to provide joy and companionship with pets. Trained volunteers will bring certified pets to visit patients and bring a sense of fulfillment as only animals can. When pets are used as a healing tool they can decrease patient stress, anxiety, and pain and increase the patient’s sense of warmth and love.
What can Pet Therapy Volunteers Do?
- Be a listening ear to stories
- Provide relief to patients or caregivers in grief
- Create heartwarming interactions between patients and therapy animals
All Pet Therapy animals must:
- Be at least one year old
- Be certified through a proper organization (We can refer you and provide scholarship funds)
- Have all current vaccinations and pass a health screening by a veterinarian
- Be cleaned and groomed before each visit
We need volunteers who are free at these times
Weekdays & Weekends
Hours between 8am-8pm or Hours as needed
This volunteer opportunity addresses the following social interests
Health & Seniors
If you are interested in providing a caring hand in the lives of others, consider becoming a Hospice Volunteer for AseraCare. If interested please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
We hope you’ll join our dynamic volunteer team!!
Volunteer Program Coordinator
5755 Granger Rd. Ste 700, Independence, Oh 44131