Pet Therapy Volunteer (Akron, Green, Kent, Stow)
1 person is interested
Pet Therapy Volunteers
Goal: "Patients experience the unconditional love of an animal"
AseraCare is looking to provide joy and companionship with pets. Trained volunteers will bring certified pets to visit patients and bring a sense of fulfillment as only animals can. When pets are used as a healing tool they can decrease patient stress, anxiety, and pain and increase the patient’s sense of warmth and love.
What can Pet Therapy Volunteers Do?
- Be a listening ear to stories
- Provide relief to patients or caregivers in grief
- Create heartwarming interactions between patients and therapy animals
All Pet Therapy animals must:
- Be at least one year old
- Be certified through a proper organization (We can refer you and provide scholarship funds)
- Have all current vaccinations and pass a health screening by a veterinarian
- Be cleaned and groomed before each visit
We need volunteers who are free at these times
Weekdays & Weekends
Hours between 8am-8pm or Hours as needed
This volunteer opportunity addresses the following social interests
Health & Seniors
If you are interested in providing a caring hand in the lives of others, consider becoming a Hospice Volunteer for AseraCare. If interested please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
We hope you’ll join our dynamic volunteer team!!
Volunteer Program Coordinator
5755 Granger Rd. Ste 700, Independence, Oh 44131
We'll work with your schedule.
5755 Granger Rd. Ste.700Independence, OH 44131
- Veteran Care
- Hospice Care
- Patient Care
- Animal Therapy
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible Time Commitment
- Orientation or Training, Two-step TB Test, Flu Shot