At Halquist Memorial Inpatient Center, the longest operating inpatient hospice in the country, a group of volunteers have built and maintain the beautiful landscaping. There are expansive gardens, a fountain and peaceful walkways throughout the grounds.
We are looking for 2-4 more dedicated volunteers to help on Saturday mornings from 9am-12pm (8am-11am during hot summer weather) to help maintain the beautiful grounds that are enjoyed by our patients and their families.
This is a great opportunity for those who love the outdoors and gardening!
- General Hours: Saturday's 9am-Noon (8am-11am during hot summer weather)
- Time Commitment: Beginning of March - 1st week of January (when holiday decorations are taken down and stored)
- Projects involve normal lawn and garden maintenance: weeding, pruning, mowing, mulching, leaf removal, fountain & lawn furniture refurbishing, plus holiday decorating in December.
- Good physical condition, able to lift up to 25 pounds
- NO prior gardening experience required
- Outdoor Recreation
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Saturday mornings, ongoing basis