Day One partners with New York City youth to end dating abuse and intimate partner violence through community education, counseling, legal advocacy and youth leadership development. We use an empowerment model that invests young people in maintaining safe relationships for themselves and their peers.
Day One is seeking an undergraduate or graduate student, or a community member, to participate in a part-time, unpaid Development and Special Event internship opportunity from January 2018 until May 2018. This position will report to and work closely with the Development Manager.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist in the planning and execution of Day One's annual Voices Against Violence Gala (April 18, 2018)
- Manage the silent auction: help solicit donations, track and coordinate delivery items, create packages and design marketing materials
- Manage sponsor and attendee contact and registration information
- Outreach and coordination of event day volunteers
- Assist with event day logistics and setup
- Draft donor communications such as acknowledgement letters and silent auction follow up
- Provide administrative support and perform other duties as assigned
- Previous event planning and fundraising experience a plus, not a must
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, google drive and strong internet skills required
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Lindsay Mitcher, Development Manager, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line "Development & Special Events Volunteer".
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed