Every family and/or care partner caring for a loved one with memory loss needs a few hrs per week to themselves to re-energize and focus on their needs. As a relief volunteer, you will be matched with a family to provide relief for the caregiver once per week for 2 - 3hrs.
You will provide non-medical companionship, supervision and a friendly new face for a person with memory loss so the caregiver has some time away.
Some activities volunteers enjoy while providing respite include:
- Conversing about the past and present
- Reading books or the daily newspaper
- Solving crossword puzzles
- Watching movies
- Playing board games or cards
Relief volunteering is fulfilling & fun
- Learn new skills
- Gain practical experience
- Meet new people
- Have fun while making a difference in someone’s life and providing help for caregivers
Requirements designed to help us protect our older adult passengers:
- Be 20 years of age.
- Pass background and driver record checks.
Volunteers work with clients to determine weekly relief schedule that works best for both. All volunteers are carefully trained in memory loss care.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training