Share Your Culture with Head Start Kids!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
9 people are interested
The Cultural Appreciation Teacher Assistant will introduce basic cultural and arts skills to center children. They will be responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate program which meets the social, intellectual, emotional, and physical needs of the children.
Plans each lesson and reviews with teaching staff before presenting to children.
- Makes or gathers material needed for each lesson.
- Tailors each lesson to the ability and attention span for a particular age group.
- Works with children to accomplish targeted goals to increase cultural awareness and understand diversity.
- Help to maintains classroom environment and equipment in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Assist Center staff in maintaining a positive, developmentally appropriate environment for learning new concepts.
- Other duties as assigned. by Head Start Volunteer program.
We'll work with your schedule.
Throughout Pinellas County, FLLargoLargo, FL 33773
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Visual Arts
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per month-if more background screening
- Good communication skills, works well with children, basic cultural and arts knowledge