Share Your Culture with Head Start Kids!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThroughout Pinellas County, FLLargoLargo, FL 33773
The Cultural Appreciation Teacher Assistant will introduce basic cultural and arts skills to center children. They will be responsible for assisting in the planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate program which meets the social, intellectual, emotional, and physical needs of the children.
Plans each lesson and reviews with teaching staff before presenting to children.
- Makes or gathers material needed for each lesson.
- Tailors each lesson to the ability and attention span for a particular age group.
- Works with children to accomplish targeted goals to increase cultural awareness and understand diversity.
- Help to maintains classroom environment and equipment in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Assist Center staff in maintaining a positive, developmentally appropriate environment for learning new concepts.
- Other duties as assigned. by Head Start Volunteer program.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per month-if more background screening
- Good communication skills, works well with children, basic cultural and arts knowledge