Grocery shopper - There is never enough time in the day and many person's living with early memory loss could use a hand in purchasing groceries for them.
As a volunteer grocer, you will get matched with a homebound senior. Every 2 weeks, you would meet with the family, pick up a grocery list, form of payment, and either shop with or shop for them. This program is provided to assist our clients in maitinaing a healthy and independent life style.
Why shop for a senior adult living with memory loss?
- Family members may be distant or sometimes are unavailable.
- Great for creating on-on-one relationships
- Great for socialization of the older adult
Volunteer shopping is fun & easy
- There’s no minimum weekly commitment.
- Shoppers fit trips to their schedules.
Requirements designed to help us protect our older adults:
- Be 20 years of age.
- Provide a valid driver’s license and car insurance.
- Pass background and driver record checks.
Volunteers work with clients to determine shopping schedule that works best for both. Liability coverage is provided.
- Mental Health
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 2 - 3hrs every two weeks