Enrich the Learning Experience for Head Start Children!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
23 people are interested
Supports center teaching staff in providing companionship, guidance and direction to children at Head Start centers. The Classroom Volunteer will assist in the planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate program which meets the social, intellectual, emotional, and physical needs of the children.
- Assist the teacher in caring for Head Start children.
- Help to maintain classroom environment and equipment in a safe and sanitary condition.
- May assist the children at meal or snack times, sits with them and encourages social interaction.
- Reads to children and participates in Circle Time.
- Assists teaching staff when children are on the playground.
- Attends staff meetings as necessary.
- Assists center staff in special events planning and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned as approved by Head Start’s Volunteer Program.
We'll work with your schedule.
Throughout Pinellas County, FLLargoLargo, FL 33773
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Music Therapy
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours/month.
- Must have good verbal/written communication skills and MicroSoft Office Suite skills.