Enrich the Learning Experience for Head Start Children!
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
WhereThroughout Pinellas County, FLLargoLargo, FL 33773
Supports center teaching staff in providing companionship, guidance and direction to children at Head Start centers. The Classroom Volunteer will assist in the planning and implementation of a developmentally appropriate program which meets the social, intellectual, emotional, and physical needs of the children.
- Assist the teacher in caring for Head Start children.
- Help to maintain classroom environment and equipment in a safe and sanitary condition.
- May assist the children at meal or snack times, sits with them and encourages social interaction.
- Reads to children and participates in Circle Time.
- Assists teaching staff when children are on the playground.
- Attends staff meetings as necessary.
- Assists center staff in special events planning and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned as approved by Head Start’s Volunteer Program.
- Child Development
- Literacy / Reading
- Music Therapy
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours/month.
- Must have good verbal/written communication skills and MicroSoft Office Suite skills.