We are currently seeking board volunteers with professional experience in marketing, law and finance.
Job Title:Board Member
Location:Rocky River, Ohio/Remote
Work hours:2 board meetings in 2017, either virtual or in-person.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Leadership, governance and oversight
* Serve as a trusted adviser to the Founder, as he develops and implements because I said I would’s vision
* Serve because I said I would board as finance, marketing, or law expert
* Review outcomes and metrics created by because I said I would for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics
* Approve because I said I would’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
* Assist the Founder and Board Chair in identifying and recruiting other board members
* Partner with the Founder and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
* Serve on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
* Represent because I said I would to stakeholders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
* Board members will consider because I said I would a philanthropic priority and make annual gifts that reflect that priority.
* Assist with soliciting contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals
* Board members must make an annual contribution of at least $10,000
Board members will serve a three-year term to be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term. Consideration for a third term is allowable after one year hiatus. Board meetings in 2017 will be held during second quarter and fourth quarter.QUALIFICATIONS
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about because I said I would’s mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing board members.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
* Extensive professional finance, marketing or law experience in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
* A commitment to and understanding of because I said I would’s beneficiaries, preferably based on experience
* Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals
* Personal qualities of accountability integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of because I said I would’s beneficiaries
* Ability to make and keep a promise
If you are interested in a board position, please fill out the form below AND email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
SUBJECT LINE:Application: Board Member - [Insert Your Name Here]
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18