Would you be interested in an exciting opportunity to help The Specialists Guild as an Encore Fellow? TSG provides training, opportunities and support for adults with communication and social challenges, such as Autism, to contribute to society and earn a living at a level in line with their intelligence and abilities.
Note: Encore Fellowships are specifically targeted for older adults (generally 50+) who are leaving their primary career and may want to consider a transition to the social sector. Learn more at www.encore.org/fellowships
This role is for a Technology Curriculum Developer and Director of Training for The Specialists Guild. TSG looks forward to welcoming an Encore Fellow to contribute their experience and insights to our goal of increasing employment opportunities for high functioning adults on the autism spectrum.
The Encore Fellow will receive a $25,000 stipend for serving in a part-time role for one year. This is a unique chance to use the skills and expertise you developed over your primary career to create a lasting impact for your community and to develop connections that may lead to further encore opportunities.
The Fellow will:
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, with their support and advice, the Fellow will have primary responsibility for developing a new technology survey course. Entitled INTRODUCTION TO I.T., it will be comprised of 3 modules covering networking, testing and programming. Content is based on adapting current TSG curriculum in software testing, and incorporating new content.
- Once the curriculum is developed and approved, the Fellow will teach the first TSG cohort of 6 adults in the material.
- At the end of the fellowship there will be a survey course curriculum which will have been tested and evaluated through teaching one class.
- There is currently a 12 week break between the end of one class and the beginning of the next. This period will be devoted to evaluation of the course, assessing the most appropriate schedule (1-4 times a year) and content (same or different courses), as well as the resources required to maintain such recommendations.
- Special Needs
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- Software Development
- IT Consulting
- Software Engineering
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1000 hours over 12 months
- Recent retiree seeking an encore career in the social sector