Would you be interested in an exciting opportunity to help build educational capacity, one school, one leader at a time as an Encore Fellow?
Note: Encore Fellowships are specifically targeted for older adults (generally 50+) who are leaving their primary career and may want to consider a transition to the social sector. Learn more at www.encore.org/fellowships
This role is for an Operations and Finance Fellow for Leadership + Design, whose goal is to design experiences for the people who create the future of teaching and learning. Through their work, they build capacity, create conversations and make connections for educators. www.leadershipanddesign.org
The Encore Fellow will receive a $25,000 stipend for serving in a part-time role for one year. This is a unique chance to use the skills and expertise you developed over your primary career to create a lasting impact for your community and nationally and to develop connections that may lead to further encore opportunities.
The Fellow will:
- Help develop strong infrastructure and protocols for hiring and a salary structure
- Develop a employee handbook that is consistent with the culture and values of Leadership+Design
- Help to develop a benefits program for employees
- Help develop financial models for the next 3-5 years
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal tax organizations
- Create templates and operational and financial processes that will set L +D up for growth over the next few years.
This role will, as does most of the team, generally work remotely but use video conference and Slack to connect frequently.
L + D is a dedicated team of people aligned by a strong set of core values and a set of qualities and habits of all team members that connect them to their work and to each other.
L+D hope that the fellow will have had a chance to learn about leadership and organizational development and to work with an amazing group of school leaders.
If the fellow is interested in learning about nonprofit management, this is a group to learn from. Most work is done from remote home offices; L + D uses both web conferencing and SLACK to develop a sense of team. L + D will facilitate attendance at some of their programs to learn about the work and culture of the program - including the board retreat in NYC in October 2017.
- Capacity Planning
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 1000 hours over 12 months
- Recent retiree seeking an encore career in the social sector