All of the work and assignments performed by the Intern will be done under the direction and close supervision of Development staff. The Internship is a temporary placement.
The intent of this description is to provide a representative summary of the duties and responsibilities that will be required of the Internship but additional responsibilities may be required. Interns are expected to perform related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Assist the Executive Director with thanking and recognizing donors of the Firehouse.
- Work with the Executive Director on developing yearly fundraising plan.
- Assist with creation and execution of twice yearly direct mail appeals.
- Other duties as requested by Executive Director.
- Learn the Arts People database that is currently utilized by the Firehouse.
- Enter gift information into Arts People in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to the Agency’s business, development, and fundraising practices
- 1-3 years of work or volunteer experience, preferably in nonprofit organizations
- In depth working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptionally detailed specific, paying close attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills and willingness to work closely with staff members,external constituencies, and vendors
- Sensitivity and respect for client, demographic, and life circumstances
- Dedication to Firehouse Art Center’s values, philosophy and mission
- Data Entry
- Business Development
- Arts Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 20 hours per week (flexible).