Pacific Bamboo Resources cultivates economic activities that restore the health of our natural and built environments and, in turn, create resilient, sustainable communities across the Pacific Northwest and beyond. With an emphasis on critical service, PBR projects focus on training, design, and direct use of innovative bamboo products to support poverty alleviation, refugee and at-risk community health and welfare improvements, and social, economic, and environmental vitality.
PBR is seeking volunteers to fulfill an important and meaningful role as we pursue grant funding for our projects and administration. You will be immersed in our grant research and grant writing work and provide essential research for the development of our grant application strategy. Responsibilities could include:
Researching available and applicable grants for our emerging programs in East Africa and beyond.
* Research, retrieval and assembly of background material for grant proposals
* Drafting of letters of inquiry and full grant proposals for submission
The primary responsibility will involve research of potential grant opportunities, helping draft Letters of Inquiry and Grant Proposals and related tasks as they come up.
We are looking for passionate volunteers who are interested in partnering with us for minimum, renewable 3-month (quarterly) commitments.
We are a high-performing team of talented professionals that bring original, creative ideas to the B4G program and then execute on those ideas both independently and collaboratively. We are seeking these types of reliable, committed volunteers to join us in various capacities.
We seek driven, self-motivated and dependable individuals who can consistently contribute to the team with ability to work independently and as an interactive member of the team.
If this sounds compelling, we’d love to hear from you! Please reach out and include the following in your introduction:
* Why did you pick us? Tell us why you are interested in partnering with us. What about PBR/B4G is of particular interest to you and connects with your personal and professional experiences?
* How do you see yourself working with us? Tell us how you envision your stellar skills being applied within our organization and programs.
* What is your vision?
- Business Analysis
- Disaster Relief Care & Shelters
- Habitat Restoration
- Grant Writing / Research
- Environmental Science
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5-7 hours a week
- Experience with grant research and writing preferred. Freshers welcome.